Did you know you could help heal wounds by volunteering? You can! The Foundation needs volunteers to help improve wound awareness, raise money for wound research, and promote wound education.
Quick facts on why wounds matter:
- Chronic wounds are a significant global burden to patients and health care professionals.
- In the U.S, chronic wounds affect 6.5 million patients at an estimated cost of $25 billion annually.
- Wounds have a 5 year mortality rate that is greater than almost all cancers!
- Wounds impact everyone from premature babies to the elderly
- Wounds affect the quality of life for the patient and their families and there is a social stigma around them.
The good news is that you can make a difference! By volunteering with WHF, you too can improve awareness, research, and education about wounds. We have projects that can take as little as 5 minutes to complete to ones that run for multiple months. If you have a skill or passion you are willing to share and at least 5 minutes, then volunteer today!